Questions to Ask your Doctor if you are a CDL Driver
Talk about the special type of work you have to do and your CDL license. Ask about changes you should make to get healthier. Driving all day means a lot of sitting down, so what steps can you take to improve your health?
Potential Topics to Discuss
- Reducing caffeine
- Lowering salt intake
- Alcohol use
- Stopping smoking
- Weight loss
- Stress control
- Sleep habits
- Healthy food options on the road
Questions about medicines
- Can they affect your energy, sleep, alertness, weight, nerves, bathroom needs or sex life?
- What about appetite, social life, work or free-time activities?
- What if you miss a dose?
- How do they act with foods or other medicines you take?
CDL Driver Health is important and there are steps you can take control of you health!
- Fit in time for exercise on the road – what truck stops offer gyms? Join a national chain like Planet Fitness and work out at franchise along your route. They also have great showers to freshen up
- When fast food and diners are the only food options for miles, you still have healthy food choices you can make.
- Fresh fruits instead of potato chips or candy
- Water, Coffee, and Tea instead of soda and sugary drinks
- Paleo menu options
- Take safety breaks and get in your REM sleep